Club Chairman: Keith Ward
Telephone: 01883 742604
The club closed for 6 to 8 weeks on 1 October. When we reopen there will be a grand reopening,
Please enquire to the Godstone club on the web site or in person to the Steward or Membership secretary or the Club Secretary at the Club.
The existing Clubhouse was built in 1840 originally as a brewery. In 1872 it was converted to the Godstone Literary Institute, reading rooms for the local community. The Club itself was formed in 1910 and in 1948 Sir Peter Greenwell made the building available to the village community. In 1964 the premises, together with the land which is now used for bowls and tennis, transferred to a charitable trust.
Membership is open to residents of Godstone and the surrounding district
The current membership is Individual £18 plus £3.00 introduction fee, Couples £30 plus £3.00 introduction fee. Students up to 18 years at a reduced rate. Candidates for membership must be proposed and seconded by Club members and approved by the Committee.
In addition to snooker, pool, darts, Sky sports and other activities on the Club premises, various social functions are held throughout the year. There are also several affiliated sports clubs – bowls (gents & ladies), cricket, football, table tennis, tennis.
The Anna Greenwell room and other areas of the Club premises are available to members for private functions, meetings, etc subject to prior arrangement. Catering can also be provided if required. These facilities are also available fee of charge to Business Members – further details of Business Membership can be obtained from the Club.
Why not join Godstone Club enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and surroundings, views across the pond and village green – and of course the cheap drinks and food!
ALL MEMBERS OF THE AFFILIATED SPORTS CLUBS ARE ALSO MEMBERS OF GODSTONE CLUB.
Further information can be obtained from Keith at the Club during opening hours or from Âmoc1539773065.tenr1539773065etnit1539773065b@bul1539773065cenot1539773065sdog1539773065
Godstone Club houses the last Snooker Table in the Village
The Club now has a Business Internet Cafe