Affiliated to: EBA, SCBA, EWBA and SCWBA
Situated just behind the tennis courts on Godstone Green, the attractive bowling green provides excellent bowling for approximately seventy members of the Godstone Bowling Club who also enjoy the conviviality of a clubhouse shared with the Tennis and Table Tennis Clubs.
The Bowls Club was formed in March 1921, with Sir Bernard Greenwell as President, when the Membership Subscription was set at just 5 shillings [25 pence]. While the newly laid green was maturing, the Tennis Club allowed bowls to be played on their No. 3 court, but only after 7 p.m. Ladies were admitted in 1950.
For nearly 85 years the Club has maintained a very active fixture list against many local clubs in the Surrey County Bowling Association and competes in the East Surrey League and North Downs League. Throughout the Summer it also runs numerous club competitions and organises tours, (both indoor and outdoor), within the UK. The Club always welcomes new members including those that move into the area and the Club provides free tuition and coaching to anyone who is considering taking up bowling
For further information contact http://godstonebowls.co.uk